Inventory Unit Detail
2018 Grasshopper 226V-52"
Commercial-grade pump and wheel motor drive systems help our Model 226V deliver smooth response, durability and low maintenance, all in one compact package that easily transports on trailers or fits into shops or garages with limited space.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge. Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality. Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection. Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength. Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut. Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Commercial Use: 2-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor. Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.
- Design-matched hydrostatic transmission with 12 cc variable displacement piston-style pumps and Parker high-torque wheel motors offers smooth, predictable response. In-line cooling fans and 7-micron absolute filter. No power-robbing gearbox or other wear parts prolong service life. Provides best-in-class 500-hour transmission fluid change interval with no break-in period, reducing costs and maintenance time.
- Raise and lower the deck easily with foot pedal and drop pin for precision cutting heights between 1.0 and 5.0 inches.
- Standard, low profile operator protection structure (OPS) with an adjustable seatbelt. Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse. Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position.
- Powerful 810 cc Commercial Turf OHV V-Twin engine. Heavy-duty components enhance power and reliability. Five-step, Integrated Cyclonic Air Management System for cleaner performance. Extended maintenance intervals. Three-year limited commercial engine manufacturer warranty (see dealer for details).
- Robotically-welded steel construction for long-lasting durability. Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts. Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance.
- Only two Access-Eze™ lubrication points cut maintenance time up to 95%. Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance.
- ComfortZone™ seat eliminates jostles and jolts with coil-spring suspension and a fully padded, high-back seat, padded armrests and variable density foam cushion. Iso-mounting smooths the ride, erases fatigue and keeps the operator comfortably in control at faster mowing speeds. Operational controls including throttle, choke and angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach. One- or two-handed operation with ComfortReach™ adjustable Hydra-Smooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant Cordura®-covered seat with padded lumbar support and armrests. Roomy, iso-mounted, shock-absorbing footrest.
- Type/Horsepower/Cylinders: B&S Commercial Turf, V-Twin
- Displacement: 49.4 cu. in. (810 cc)
- Lubrication System: Pressure Lube/Filter
- Crankshaft: Vertical
- Cooling System: Air
- Fuel: Gasoline - unleaded
- Fuel Capacity: 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 l)
- Optional Fuel Capacity: NA
- Air Cleaner: Integrated, cyclonic air cleaner with 5-step debris management system
- Muffler: Ultra quiet, single, industrial type.
- Deck: NA
- Mulching Package #: 504567(52)
- DuraMax® Deck Size: 48"
- Cutting Height Range: 1.0 to 5.0 in. (2.5cm to 12.7 cm)
- Construction (Robotic-welded steel): Double-layered 10-gauge plus 7-gauge formed-steel laminated spindle plane 0.313 in (7.95 mm) thic - more than 25% thicker than 0.25 in. (6.35 mm) with 7-gauge skirts for geometric strength. Spindle plane is 0.9 in.(22.86 mm) thick in stress zones. Anvil-edge design with 0.5 in. (12.7 mm) reinforcement on front edge of deck.
- Blades (Tempered, alloy steel): (3) 18 in. (45.7 cm)
- Spindle Assemblies: Sentry™ Spindle System, 2.5 cm (approx. 1 in.) O.D. shaft. Spindle head designed to eliminate fiber wrap. Double bearings, non-greasable. Spindle cones shield housing and lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion.
- Spindle Housings: 8 in. (20.3 cm)-diameter machined aluminum housing with 6-bolt pattern.
- Blade Drive: Belt drive with single Kevlar V-belt and idler arm tensioning.
- Trimability (Outside of std. tire to left trim side): NA
- Battery (maintenance-free): 12 Volt
- Starter: Solenoid shift
- Ignition: Breakerless
- Interlock System: Prevents engine start when PTO clutch is engaged or steering levers are in drive position. Allows operator dismount without engine shutdown only when PTO is disengaged and steering levers are locked in neutral.
- Seat: Ultimate Suspension Ride (USR) deep-cushioned, high-back, foam-padded, scuff-resistant CoolTemp Cordura®-covered with padded lumbar support and armrests.
- Suspension: Roomy, iso-mounted footrest with Shock Impact Reduction System™ (SIRS™).
- Console-mounted Instruments: Combination electronic fuel gauge/hour meter, parking brake indicator light, ignition switch, choke and push/pull PTO switch.
- Work Lights: Optional - LED
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Type: Design-matched hydrostatic system with auxiliary cooling fans, HydroGear variable displacement 12 cc piston-type pumps and high-torque Parker wheel motors.
- Filtration/Hydro Fluid: 7 micron absolute, spin-on / Grasshopper CoolTemp Hydro-Max™ fluid withstands high and low temperature extremes for 500-hour change intervals.
- Speed: (52-) 0 - 9.0 mph (0 - 14.5 kph) forward (61-) 0 - 9.5 mph (0 - 15.3 kph) forward 0 - 6.0 mph (0 - 9.7 kph) reverse
- Turning Radius: True zero degree, turns within own length with counter-rotating, independently powered drive wheels.
- Steering: One- or two-hand operation with adjustable HydraSmooth™ dual levers that automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position.
- Brakes: Dynamic braking through hydrostatic transmission.
- Parking Brake: Disc parking brakes, one for each drive wheel.
- Attachment Drive: NA
- Drive Wheels - Standard (4-ply rated): 23x10.50x12 turf, 4-ply rated
- Drive Wheels – Optional (4-ply rated): NA
- Front Wheels – All Models: 13x6.50x6; pneumatic with greasable, double-sealed bearings to protect from grass wrap.
- Height (Seat Back): 51.0 in. (129.5 cm)
- Height (Seat Cushion): 33.0 in. (83.8 cm)
- Height (ROPS): 69.0 in. (175.3 cm)
- Length (MidMount w/ DuraMax® Deck - Mowing Position): 76.5 in. (194.3 cm)
- Deck Width (Side Discharge): 65.5 in. (166.5 cm)
- Deck Width (Mulch*): 53.5 in.* (135.9 cm)
- Weight (Uncrated): 990 lbs. (449.1 kg)
- Mulching Package: 29 lbs. (13.2 kg)
- Dealer-installed anti-scalp rollers help prevent scalping on uneven terrain.
- ComfortReach Tilt™ "no tools" dual steering lever adjustment provides a custom fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions. Standard on most FrontMount™ models.
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems deliver a clean sweep on every pass. Simply adjust your mowing speed to your conditions. Quik-D-Tatch® Vac drive can be removed in seconds without tools.
- The optional Down Discharge™ mulching package with GrassMax™ medium-lift blades cuts and recuts clippings and directs them deep into the grass bed, enriching turf and producing a beautifully manicured cut.
- Available for all MidMount models, optional QuikAjust Tilt™ steering levers (except 124V-41) with "no tools" adjustment provide a 9-inch range for maximum comfort and fit while maintaining natural arm and wrist positions.
- Lightweight, water repellent, UV-resistant vinyl canopy mounts easily to OPS or ROPS to limit exposure to direct sunlight, reducing eye strain and increasing operator comfort.
- Yellow beacon attaches to OPS or ROPS to provide greater visibility in high-traffic areas.
- Weather-resistant, black Cordura fabric cover with embroidered Grasshopper logo keeps seat and engine area protected during storage or between mowings. Slips over ROPS, with Velcro closure to secure the opening.
- LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
- The optional SpeedTrimming™ heavy-duty, anti-scalp roller kit for 52-inch and larger DuraMax® decks speeds close trimming near buildings, fences retaining walls and other landscaping features. Kits available for both left and right sides of cutting decks.
- Provides an additional two inches of leg clearance.
- Provides additional seating room for larger operators or to accommodate cell phones or pagers. Requires seat belt extension.
- The Foldable ROPS allows the two-post ROPS to be lowered for mowing under low-hanging trees and other overhead obstacles, or for storing and transporting in enclosed trailers with low door clearance. CAUTION: Avoid drop-offs, embankments and steep slopes. Do not allow ROPS to provide a false pretense of security in hazardous areas and avoid questionable conditions. Always wear seatbelt when Foldable ROPS is in up-right position. When Foldable ROPS is down, DO NOT use seat belt, and drive with extra caution.
- Creates clean, sharp turf edges along sidewalks, roadways and driveways, eliminating time-consuming secondary trimming and reducing edging time up to 75 percent compared to hand-held string trimmers and walk-behinds.
- Diamond-plated aluminum canopy is highly resistant to abrasions. Easily mounts to ROPS to increase operator comfort by limiting exposure to direct sunlight and reducing eye strain.
- Optional DuraFlex™ Suspension Forks absorb the impacts of rough terrain to maintain a level cut, and can be set for use with PowerVac™ collectors.
- Engine Manufacturer
- B&S Commercial Turf
- 49.4 cu. in. (810cc)
- Hydrostatic system with in-line cooling fans. Fully hydraulic, integrated Parker HT Series transmission with variable displacement piston-type pumps and high-torque wheel motors
- Wheel Size
- Fuel Capacity
- 12 U.S. Gal. (45.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 52 in.
- Discharge Type